Sunday, February 15, 2009

She's crawling!!

My little girl has discovered her freedom - she's crawling! She's been wanting to crawl for sooo long, I could tell she was getting very close. We worked on it earlier today and I got her to take 1-2 "steps" but then after that she'd just collapse to her belly. We took a break to eat lunch and run errands, then when we got back we tried again. I set Bailey's leash out in front of her, and she started off for it. Next thing I knew she crawled 5 steps! Such a big girl. I praised the heck out of her, she thought she was pretty hot stuff.

Kate had her 9 month checkup this week. All is going well! She weighed 20 pounds 14 ounces, which puts her in the 85th percentile for weight. She is 29 1/8 inches long, which puts her in the 95th percentile for length. Her head is 17 1/4 inches, which puts her in the 50th percentile for head size. She is reaching all of her developmental milestones right on time!

She is also getting better at pulling up. Watch this, mom!
Photobucket

Photobucket

And off she goes!

Photobucket

3 comments:

the bowlin family said...

Go KATE!!! How much do you charge for private lessons? Jack needs your help and motivation!! You are such a BIG girl!!

Andrea said...

Aw, I can't believe it! They grow up SO fast!! Go Kate! Your life will never be the same again now that she's crawling...have you babyproofed all your cabinets yet? :)

Nancy said...

wow!