I know I'm overdue for a good, long post, but I wanted to post these stories quickly before I forget.
On Saturday we took Kate to a mall in Plano that has one of those soft, padded indoor playgrounds. When we got there, she was a little bit afraid and sat in my lap for a few minutes, but as she watched the other kids play, she wanted to join into the action. A few minutes in, she fed off the excitement of the other kids playing, and went crazy. She didn't know how to express her excitement, so she got down on her hands and knees, crawled in a circle a few times, screaming. It was the funniest thing we have ever seen.
Tonight I was folding Kate's laundry. One of her beach towels is a Barbie towel. I've had it for a few years - I don't remember when or why I bought it. So anyway, it is now Kate's. She's never really looked at it before, so I held it up and got her attention to look at Barbie. When she saw Barbie, her face TOTALLY lit up, and she walked over and kissed Barbie right on the lips! Then she said "Awwwww" and hugged the towel. She is so funny!
a prayer for back to school
3 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment