Monday, September 14, 2009

Catching Up

I was reminded by my friend, Stephanie, tonight that it has been too long since I've posted. So this is just for you Stephanie!

I guess I just feel like no one is reading my blog anymore, I guess Stephanie is. :) I'll start off with our trip to Chicago - we went to visit my sister, BIL, and nephews Micah and Dylan. We had SO much fun and our visit was way too short. There's a bunch of pictures on Facebook, so rather than post them here, I'll just refer you there. We did take the kids to Portrait Innovations, though, to get a good picture of the cousins.


Photobucket

Boy was that a harrowing experience! I really didn't think we were going to get one with all 3 kids, but thankfully the chairs kept Kate and Micah occupied enough for about 10 seconds that we could get a decent shot! It was very sad to go home, but it was made easier knowing that we'd see them again in Texas at Thanksgiving. I wish we lived closer.

Ever since we have come home, Kate has been having another mini verbal explosion. She has added moon, moo, and shoes to her vocabulary, among a few others I can't remember at 11 pm. :) Her FAVORITE word is shoes. (Such a girl!) Although, her version of "shoes" sounds more like "joos." It's so cute. Every time she sees a pair, or is looking for them, she'll walk around the house saying, "Joos? Joos?"

Her other big smarty-pants moment of the week was that on Dora the other night, they were talking about cows and how they say moo. Kate moo'd, then walked over and grabbed a book, opened it to a cow, showed it to me, and moo'd! What a smart baby. :)

We are officially DONE with the pacifier! We really did need it (and used it!) on our trip to Chicago, but as soon as we hit Texas soil again, the paci disappeared again and has been gone since. I can't bring myself to throw them away though. I feel like I need to get rid of them, though, just so I don't go grab one in a moment of desperation! Maybe I'll keep my favorite one to put away with her stuff as a keepsake... Or is that gross? 25 years from now, when she'll care, it'll probably be all decomposed and nasty. I should probably just take a picture and throw them away. :)

Photobucket

4 comments:

the bowlin family said...

Thanks for the post!! I loved every word! I am going to FB now to look at all the Chicago pics. :)

Robin 'n Casey said...

I still read your blog - although I do feel like that also sometimes about my blog - And you are not crazy for keeping the bag of pacifiers - i just threw a bag of G's away a few weeks ago and i kept 2 of them in his baby stuff! :)

Mike and Susanne said...

Seeing that picture of all 3 kids brought back terrible memories of when my sister and I tried to do that with our kids!! It was exhausting! Your picture turned out really good, though! Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Susana la Banana said...

Hey Laura! I still read your blog occasionally too...although since I haven't had internet at the house since June, it's a little harder to keep up with everyone! Hope everything goes well with Kate and the ENT and such. Poor baby and poor mama!