Take a wild guess - yep, it's Strep Throat. They said that in 10-14 days they want to run a blood test on her, that will tell them if she was/is truly infected with strep, or just carrying it. They did say, though, with her symptoms and the way her throat looks, she looks to be actively infected.
They said the next step, as long as we're in there taking blood, is to finish out the rest of the full immunology workup. See what's wrong with her immune system. They've looked for all the "normal" stuff already, so now they'll be testing for the more rare stuff.
I just feel so defeated. I am just feeling bad that I put Kate through the whole awful experience of surgery and recovery, seemingly all for naught. Poor little Kate is such a trooper, but I can't help but wonder if we will ever achieve long-term health with her. I know it certainly could be worse than recurrent strep, but at the same time, it's so difficult and sad to have a child who is constantly sick. I'm very thankful that my job is so flexible. I've been going to work in the 3-4 am time frame all this week so I can get done and be home in time for Jeff to make it to work at a reasonable time.
Because she was sick for my birthday yesterday, we had to cancel all our fun plans, but we're hoping to reschedule my PF Changs dinner for Sunday or something. I'll leave you with a sweet seasonal picture of my little Angel. :)



2 comments:
Hey Laura,
I'm a friend of Susan's. I saw your post and couldn't help but comment. It is so tough to watch your child struggle with health stuff. My child has also been through surgeries and all the dr appts. Kate looks great and just know that you are doing your best by caring for her and trying to get answers from the dr's. Hope she feels better soon and that you all have a great Christmas!
so sorry to hear that she has strep again!! i know this doesn't make you feel any better, but jack is sick too!! not strep just his normal, cough, runny nose junk, but still. i have all of those same thoughts about surgery and all that i have put him through. you are a great mom and you are making the very best decisions for kate. she is so lucky to have a mommy and daddy that love her so much and do anything they can to keep her happy!!
stephanie :)
Post a Comment