Friday, November 20, 2009

18 Month Checkup

Overall, all is well! The Pediatrician said her tonsil area looks great, just a little bit of scar tissue sitting there.

She weighs 28 lb 14 oz (90th percentile), and is 34 inches long (99th or greater). When she weighed in the morning of the surgery, she was 31 pounds and change! She's lost 2.5-3 pounds through all this! The Ped said as long as she's still eating well (she is!) then it's totally fine. It's weird to see her slimming down so quickly - she still definitely has a gut, but her face has changed the most I think.

I did mention that I thought I've been noticing Kate walking a little pigeon toed. She watched her walk and agreed, then sat her down and lined her legs up. She said Kate does have some Tibial Torsion and her left is worse than her right. She said most of the time it fixes itself by 4-5 years old, but we will watch it from now on, and if it gets worse she'll send us to Scottish Rite to check it out further.

1 comment:

Heather B. said...

So glad that her recovery is mostly over! It is so weird to watch them slim down! It means that they are not "baby" anymore! :( Kendall was pigeon toed too at 18 months. Now at almost 2.5 years it is hardly even noticeable! Just words for encouragement!