Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Spoke too Soon

Just when I thought Kate was getting better, I think she has Croup again. She's been up in the middle of the night the last 2 nights with coughing fits.. Sunday night I thought it might have been a fluke, like she just had something stuck in her throat or something, but when it happened again last night, with more intensity and that rell-tale seals bark, I knew it wasn't good. When she had Croup the first time, she never had any of these nighttime fits. Poor little dear, she was struggling to get a breath in edgewise between all her coughing. So I took her into the shower at 4 this morning, and let her breathe the hot steam for a while. She loved looking at the water coming out of the shower head, then she'd bend over and watch it fall into the drain. So inquisitive. Then after that we went outside, but unfortunately it wasn't a crisp night by any means. It brought her coughing down a bit. She's best when she's upright. If I lay her back down the coughing comes back. I have a call into the Pediatrician now to see if we should go back in.

Jeff is sick again too. We are REALLY tired of passing this around our family!

1 comment:

Mike and Susanne said...

Poor little Kate. Get well soon!!!