Over the weekend Kate ran a fever, as well as developed a rash last night. This morning she really wasn't acting like herself, so I took her into the Pediatrician. The poor baby has strep throat and an ear infection. This is what, her 6th bout of strep throat? But her first ear infection! I was surprised to see that one. They took one last swab of her throat to send into a lab just to confirm the diagnosis, and to rule out the possibility that she might be getting false positives in the office. If (when) it comes back positive, the doctor is going to call me back and discuss where to go from here. She said she's leaning toward sending us to an ENT to think about taking Kate's tonsils out. I'm not thrilled about that, but whatever it takes to get her healthy again! She just seems so little.
Adding on a cute story from tonight's bathtime... Lately Kate has discovered it's great fun to throw her bath toys over the edge of the tub onto the bathroom floor. Lovely, because, while I do clean the floor, the toilet HAS flushed since the last cleaning, so who knows what sort of nasty bacteria is down there, so I have to disinfect all those toys each time she does it! I've been working on "uh oh" with her for a couple months, and she has said it here and there, but tonight was so funny. She grabbed one of her toys, and said "uh oh!" as she threw it over the edge. Too cute. :) Here is a picture of her from earlier today, still willing to give me a smile despite being such a sickie.
No comments:
Post a Comment