Saturday, May 16, 2009

Walking Baby!

Well, first off the bat, Kate is sick again. Poor thing. She was running 103 just before bed tonight. Boo. No other comments on that though, at least she spent the better part of 2, almost 3 weeks well! That was the first time that's happened since November.

Kate has a new word as of today - baby! She's been very good at baba, and bubba, but today she added the "by" on the end of baby! It's so fun to see and hear her add a new word onto her vocabulary every few days!

Finally, the biggest news! Kate truly WALKED for the first time today! And I missed it! Jeff was playing with Kate while I was cooking dinner, and he set her in the Pack n Play. (She likes to play in it!) He said she was holding on to one side, let go, held her balance for a few seconds, then walked to the other side!! He said it was at least 4-5 steps. Big girl!! She's been taking small baby steps of 1, maybe two steps at a time for a week or two, but this was a full walk. I'm so proud of her! I can't wait for her to be walking - then I can put her in dresses finally! (Right now if she wears in dresses she gets too caught up in them and stretches out the front when she tries to crawl.)

Here's a picture of Kate from the other night. We took her to her first baseball game! She did pretty well, after we moved away from a couple of loud drunk guys who really scared her. She loved sitting in the chair like a big girl!

Photobucket

No comments: