Friday, August 15, 2008

Eight Things - For Jimmie

Usually, I keep my blog only about Kate and things going on with her, but I'm just bored enough today waiting for Jeff to get home that I'll finally fill out a meme she tagged me on. :)

Without further ado...

Eight Things: A Meme

8 things I am passionate about:
- Kate
- Traveling
- Weather
- My husband
- Dogs
- Horses
- Sleep
- Jesus

8 books I’ve read and enjoyed:
- A Tale of Two Cities
- Memoirs of a Geisha
- Shopaholic Series
-
-
-
-
-

(Is it sad that that's all I can come up with?? I used to be a huge reader... Not so much anymore.)

8 words/phrases that I say often:
- I'm so sure!
- Whatever
- Suuuuuuure
- Shhhhhh
- A-goo A-goo A-goo
- Ahhhhh (in Kate's little voice)
- Hey, you!
- Cha Cha Cha

Gotta love the phrases a baby adds to your vernacular.

8 things I want to do before I die:
- Travel as much as possible
- See my child(ren) get married
- Have a boat
- See my grandchildren
- Go to the Olympics (I've always wanted to do this - me too Jimmie! We sort of have a tentative goal to attend the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver)
- Take a girls-only trip with my best friends
- Be a SAHM
- Breed my own foal

8 things I’ve learned in my life:
- God is in control.
- Everything does happen for a reason, even if that reason isn't clear to you.
- Children are a gift.
- Hard work pays off.
- Don't take your situation for granted.
- Plan financially for the worst case scenario.
- Don't look back on anything with regret - you can't change what happened.
- Make the best of where you are now.

8 places I want to see:
- Norway (see my homeland!)
- Swiss Alps
- One of those really cool islands in the South Pacific with the bungalows over the water
- The Great Wall of China
- Paris
- Ireland
- Iceland (pay a visit to Elin!)
- Alaska

8 things I currently want/need:
- Jeff to hurry up and get home or he won't get to see Kate today
- For my headache to go away
- For the neck muscle I pulled to fix itself
- A million dollars so I don't have to go back to work
- Lots more rain like we got last night
- Dinner
- To live closer to my sister
- The cleaning fairies to show up and clean my house for me...on a weekly basis (good one Jimmie!)

No comments: