Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Three Months

I can't believe it, my little girl is 3 months old today! Such a big girl!

Photobucket

These last few days have been a little hard. Over the weekend Jeff and I noticed Kate's overall demeanor declining, and she was at her worst yesterday. She's just not herself. The only time she's not fussing and/or crying is when she's eating or sleeping. She doesn't have a fever, so I'm not sure what is wrong. I'm sure they have "off" days just like we do, but I want my happy, smiley baby back! Normally she loves to lay on the floor, kick around and play, but not these last few days. She has to be vertically up on my shoulder, with me walking around, or she's crying. Talk about exhausting! I really hope this resolves itself before we go to Chicago. Otherwise I feel bad for the other passengers on the plane! It's just sad when you can see that she's not feeling good and not happy, but we can't figure out how to make it better.

In other news, Kate sleeps on her side now! She just started doing it yesterday. I'll lay her down on her back, but within seconds, she flips herself onto her side. Silly girl. Also, last week, she laughed for the first time!! It is SO cute! I want to hear it again! But in the mood she's in right now, I won't be getting any laughs anytime soon.

I think we found the daycare we'll be sending Kate to when I (unfortunately) find a job and go back to work. It kills me, but unless we sell the house, we just can't afford for me to stay home. So I'm trying to look on the bright side of things. The daycare is only 5 houses down from ours, which will be incredibly convenient! I interviewed them yesterday and they seem very nice, and I think it will be a good solution for now. In the mean time, I'm just enjoying every minute I have with Kate. It's hard not to be bitter knowing that if I hadn't been laid off from my previous job, I'd be working from home right now and not having to even think about daycare. But God has a plan, even though I can't see it, so we plod along. Hope for the best.

I am SO excited for our trip to Chicago on Friday. I've had my suitcase laid out for a few days now! I just really really hope Kate cheers up by then so we can all enjoy it to the fullest!

EDIT: Now that we're into the afternoon, my happy Kate is back! What a relief!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Heather B. said...

HAPPY 3 MONTH BIRTHDAY, KATE!!!
I just can't believe that she is getting so big! She is just beautiful!!

Check her mouth! She may be getting some bottom teethies in there!!! You will know! Her gums will either be red and swollen or she will have white spots where they will break through!!! If this is the case, get some Hylanders Teething Tablets! They are all natural and help them sleep! Don't use Oralgel or anything like that because they harden the gums making it harder for the teeth to break through!!