
To usher in her seventh month, last night I offered her a few Peach Mango Puffs last night. Kate had a great time playing with them on her tray. She didn't understand that you're supposed to eat them until I touched one to her mouth. She got a big smile on her face, then tried in earnest to bring those puffs to her mouth. She can't stand to have any of them laying on her tray - she waits until she has them all stuffed in her fist and then shoves her whole fist into her mouth. So at this point, I have to hand-feed them to her. She just isn't coordinated enough. But she LOVES them! Every time I got one in her mouth, she got the biggest smile on her face (yummm! Sugar!) and even by the third puff, she laughed each time she got one in her mouth. So cute.
I'm afraid I might have created a monster though... This morning she wasn't as interested in her cereal & fruit puree as normal. I gave her a few puffs first to keep her busy while I was fixing her breakfast, so she wasn't too thrilled to be eating the purees after the puffs. I figured if she can handle puffs, she can handle tiny banana chunks, so I thought I'd give that a try. She was so excited! Of course the banana chunks were too slippery for her to even pick up (but she did try!) so I hand-fed those as well. But she loved them and would have kept going if I had cut more! She's growing up so fast. Table food already!



2 comments:
Wow, what a big girl! Way to go Kate!
Hi Laura,
I have just finished reading your blog. I accidently stumbled across it and couldn't stop reading it. I am currently due in May 09 with our first baby and it's so nice to read all the ups and downs and to know everything turned out wonderfully. Kate is such a beautiful baby, you must be so proud.
I look forward to reading your updates in the future. All the best.
Halina
Sydney, Australia
Post a Comment