We hit a milestone this weekend I was hoping to avoid for a few more months... But Kate would have none of it. She's down to one nap a day. In the last week she had really started fighting her second nap. Even when we could tell she was exhausted, she just refused to sleep. Thankfully she never cried or anything, but she would just sing and play in her crib for 1-2 hours! So on Friday we decided to give the one-nap schedule a shot and see how she does. She did pretty well! This is only our third day, but the only thing I'm disappointed in is that I've heard they are "supposed" to sleep a good 3 hours when they go down to one nap, but not Kate! She's only giving us 2, maybe 2 1/2 hours. Oh well! The one added bonus we've seen is that before we switched her to one nap, she had been waking up in the morning around 6:30 am. Since we switched her, she is now sleeping in until nearly 8:00 am! I'll take it!
So overall I think it's a positive change, but I was hoping it would happen closer to 18 months, rather than 14. :) I just can't believe how quickly my baby is growing up. She is such a joy to be around - my favorite thing about her right now are her kisses. She is very generous with her kisses and loves giving them! Another adorable thing she does is that she carries around a little toy frying pan and serving spoon around with her, "stirring" whatever food she is "making" and always offers you a bite! It is so cute.
2 comments:
Such a great accomplishment! She is actually the right age to switch to one nap! Kendall only sleeps about 2 hours also, so Kate isn't the only one! She is adorable! Love her new shoes!
Wow, look at her standing up by herself! She is getting big!
Post a Comment