Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Poor Kate!

I took Kate to one of those mall playgrounds today.. You know, the soft toddler/kid playground type thing.

Well, Kate found this staircase that she loved climbing up and down. She wasn't really in the other kids' way, she stayed off to the side and climbed. This little girl, probably about 3, came over, climbed in front of Kate, stood in front of her, and kicked her in the chest to make her fall off the stairs! Luckily I was right there and caught her but I was like... What the heck??? The next time she came around, Kate was climbing down the stairs, and the girl kicked Kate in the back to make her go headfirst down the stairs! I was SO mad. I said, "Don't kick her!" but she ran off, and I doubt she heard me.

Seriously though, why aren't parents watching their kids?? It was the first time my mama bear instinct REALLY kicked in, man I wanted to smack that girl!

3 comments:

Eric and Lar Holquin said...

that is ridiculous!!! i'm sad to hear that!! it's nuts the things that parents are too lazy to do anything about and discipline their kids. for the LOVE!!!

Heather B. said...

It is insane what parents let their kids get away with. The sad part to me is that it doesn't seem to get better no matter what the age! :( One thing is for sure, you NEVER mess with Mama Bear!!!

Emily said...

I have told parents to watch their kids before when they've hurt my kids. Especially if they are bigger. I'm glad Kate's ok. It makes me so mad when parents don't pay attention to their kids.