Thursday, October 1, 2009

Frustration to Fruition

Earlier this week I used my Gymbucks and bought Kate a lot of their adorable Yorkie line. However, I was needing some charcoal grey pants to go with everything, and the smallest Gymboree makes them in is size 3, which would be waaay too big. I had a little extra time today, so I stopped at NINE, yes count them NINE stores that carry children's clothing, and NO one had charcoal grey leggings. Heather grey yes, but not charcoal. I finally got frustrated enough and decided to make my own! I bought some heather grey leggings and dyed them. Here is a little photo journal of my experiment!

Exhibit A: Original leggings

Photobucket

Exhibit B: Soaking in the dye

Photobucket

Exhibit C: Running through the washer

Photobucket

Exhibit D: Finished product!

Photobucket

Exhibit E: Happy coordinated baby!

Photobucket

I would have liked them to come out a little darker, so I might make another pair, or dye over these ones. I'll see how they come through the wash a few times. The bottle of dye said to leave it soaking for 30-60 minutes, but I only left them in for about 10. The pants looked SOLID black, so I was afraid it had already been too long! So I guess next time I'll try 20ish minutes!

Our appointment with the ENT is tomorrow morning. I'll come back and post details tomorrow!

1 comment:

the bowlin family said...

adorable outfit! way to go fashion designer mama!!