I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but Kate has strep throat again. Poor baby. We went to the Pediatrician, and she decided to just put Kate on antibiotics until the surgery - 3 weeks. She said this is getting absurd! So we are hoping this will keep Kate healthy and ready for surgery. She chose a mild antibiotic, to try to ward off diaper rash and yeast infections.
We also got her immunology bloodwork results back. Everything looks normal so far. They do some tests to see if the body is mounting immunities correctly after vaccines, and a couple other tests too. So far so good, but she shared the results with a couple of her immunology colleagues, and they recommended getting 2 or 3 more tests done, just to make sure all is well. I told the doctor how traumatic the blood draw was for Kate, and asked her if there's any way it could be done while Kate is under anesthesia for her surgery. The doctor thought that was a great idea, so at least we won't have any additional trauma caused for my poor baby.
All in all she is doing well. I'm starting to get anxious for the surgery, but after this latest round of strep, I'm just ready to get it over with. This is so ridiculous, and I'm positive now I'm doing the right thing. We can't go on like this catching strep every 2-3 weeks.
Developmentally she is doing great! She is talking more and more, and is getting to the "parrot" stage where she is attempting more words than ever, and loves to repeat after us. She is also getting very good at identifying pictures of things when we ask her where something is. It's just so amazing to watch them learn and pick things up when you don't even realize it's happening!
a prayer for back to school
3 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment