
Look how round I am!! I love it! Everything is going so well. I'm loving every minute! You really forget about how miserable the first trimester was when everything is so fun in the second trimester. But that being said, I really don't have a WHOLE lot to complain about the first.
The worst thing that's going on is the baby's sporadic activity. He/she was really active last week on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday with several kicks per day. Saturday I didn't feel a whole lot until late in the evening, I ate a piece of cake, and got one good kick out of the baby. Sunday and Monday, I felt nothing. Let me tell you, that is scary after you've gotten used to activity!! I read in all my books and asked my online mommy friends, and they all say it's normal to go a few days without feeling anything while the baby is still this small. It could have changed positions and is now kicking inwards instead of outwards, or something like that. This morning, after eating a few Cornflake wreaths, I think I have felt a little stirring a couple of times, so that's making me feel better. I'll be glad to feel a swift kick again though!
In other news, Jeff is sick. :( He came down with whatever he has over the weekend. It started as a sore throat, and has now moved on to severe congestion. I'm scared to death to get sick, because I can't take anything, and we're leaving for Arizona in 2 days, and I want to be able to cuddle with Micah! Jeff isn't allowed to touch me, I walk around the house every day spraying everything he touches with antibacterial spray, I wash my hands every 20 minutes, and carry around antibacterial hand lotion at all times! haha, Overreacting much?? Oh well. Better safe than sorry. Today I'm noticing a little increased congestion, but otherwise still normal. So please say a little prayer for me that I can stay healthy!
The other biggest development of Week 18 is that tummy sleeping is done. I've been dreading this day. But that's pretty good that I made it almost halfway before having to give that up! And I'm doing surprisingly well. Right now the most comfortable position is lying half on my tummy, half on my side. I'm sure it won't be long until even that won't work anymore, and I'll be fully on my side, but at least it's a slow process and I have time to get used to anything!
I'm spreading Cocoa Butter on my belly every night. That stuff smells so darn good! I love to get in bed about 30 minutes early, rub on my belly butter, and then just sit there and enjoy the scent for a while before I go to bed! Yeah, I know I'm weird. My belly button is getting a little bit shallow, that is weird to watch stretch out, and a little scary to think it's going to stretch all the way out!



3 comments:
You're looking really good! It is so fun to enjoy your pregnancy with you through your blog! I love the smell of that belly butter too. But believe, you will get to the point where you don't want to smell it again for awhile. Maybe after the second baby! Have fun in Arizona.
Wishing you good luck to stay healthy....Have a great time in AZ. Thanks for your comment to me!
I know what you mean about no longer being able to sleep on your tummy. It's so hard to get used to, but you'll find a position that works. BTW - the position that you mentioned, is the exact way that I sleep:) ha ha The good news for you is that I am 26 1/2 weeks and the tummy/side sleeping is still going strong:)
You look great, and I'm glad to hear that everything is going so well.
Post a Comment