Friday, December 21, 2007

20 Weeks!

Woohoo! I'm halfway there! Crazy. I very well could be OVER halfway right now! I don't feel like I've been pregnant that long.

To mark the occasion, I had another "first" last night - I felt the baby from the OUTSIDE, with my hand! I was sitting in bed after putting on my belly butter, and I pressed down onto my stomach, held it firmly for about 10 seconds, and then released. While I was pressing down, I felt the baby squirm a little bit inside, but I didn't feel anything on my hand. Then, when I let up on the pressure, I kept my hand there, and the baby gave me a nice big kick in the hand!! :) It was so fun! I tired it again, but it didn't work. Jeff will probably have to wait another week or two until the baby is strong enough to give consistent, strong kicks to be able to feel it, but it's fun to play with my baby! Even if I am just serving as a nuisance.

I also had some VERY strange dreams last night. I hear it's par for the course though. One of them was that I was approaching my due date, but not overly close, it was a good 2-3 weeks early. I went to the hospital for a check-up, and they told me they were going to induce me. Next thing I know they're wheeling in the epidural cart, gave me one, hooked me up to pitocin, and left me to progress! In my dream 24 hours passed and I still wasn't having regular contractions. People kept coming to the hospital and giving me matching "mommy and baby" outfits for us to wear, and then someone brought me some nursing pajamas to wear after the baby is born, and they told me "I bought them in the biggest size they sold, I hope it works.." What is THAT supposed to mean??!! Thanks a lot! Then later in the dream, if you're a Gilmore Girls fan you'll know who I'm talking about, but the character Kirk from Gilmore Girls came and tried to kill me! Nice.

I like to spend time on Babycenter's message boards. They have "Birth Clubs" where you can hang out with other women due at the same time as you, in my case May. By this point, a good 70% of the ladies have had their "big" ultrasounds and now know whether they're having a little boy or girl, so there is an official post about what they are naming their child. So far, out of 60 responses from people who are having girls, there are 9 Sophias! Crazy! That name came out of no where. I do think it's cute, but I can't believe how quickly it skyrocketed into popularity.

No comments: