Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Tailbone Pain and a Baby Girl?

Yesterday brought another new pregnancy joy to me - tailbone pain. It was nagging a little bit early in the day, but by the afternoon I was just plain miserable. I was literally sitting tilted sideways on my chair, sitting on my thigh/hip, alternating butt cheeks, and slouching way down in my chair so I was sitting on my lower back, trying to keep all pressure off my tailbone! I'm not sure what happened. I didn't sit hard on anything, or injure it somehow... Probably just the beginning of pregnancy aches. I had to leave work early because I just wanted to lay down on my stomach, taking all pressure off my tailbone. I went home and took an hour nap, that was great. When I woke up, it felt a little better, and I tried to remain in a lying down position for the rest of the night, whenever possible. This morning it feels a little bit "nagging" again, so I hope I'm not in for a similar day. If this continues I may have to go out and look for one of those nerdy donut pillows!

Yesterday on Babycenter, a girl predicted that I'm having a baby girl based on my belly shape. I love to hear speculation!

In non-baby news, I've made the playoffs in both of my fantasy football leagues. Yay me. I'm actually in second place in my work league, where I actually have some money riding on the league! Woohoo!

I'm also on a cooking roll. I made dinner Monday night and last night... And have plans on making dinner tonight! That is a record for me. I haven't had a streak longer than 1 night of cooking my entire pregnancy. PLUS I brought my lunch yesterday for the first time the whole pregnancy. I stopped bringing lunch because in the first trimester, I could never plan on what I was going to eat. I never knew what I would be able to eat that day until I was actually hungry for lunch, so it was useless trying to plan ahead!

My latest craving is apples. I can't get enough. I have one every day, if not two a day. They're just so yummy, crispy, juicy, and delicious!

I'm really missing snow this week. Hearing all of my northern friends talk about snow (and see their pictures) it's making me homesick for a white Christmas! I just keep telling myself I'm going to Minnesota in January, so I'll get my fill then. Jeff said some year he wants to spend Christmas somewhere up north so he can experience a true white Christmas. I think that sounds like a lot of fun. Maybe when the kid(s) are old enough to appreciate the snow, and go sledding. I miss sledding. I'd love to go in January, but I don't know if that's probably too risky.

Some other good news for the day - Yesterday I got my AFP test results back, and it came back negative! So that's great news! (The test basically looks for downs syndrome and spina bifida.) So praise the Lord for a healthy baby thus far.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'll give you some of this snow and wintery mix that I'm in for, for the next 5-6 days. Just let me know where to send it ;-)

Yea on a healthy baby!