Saturday, May 3, 2008

39 Week Picture

Here is my LAST official belly pic!

Photobucket

Of course we'll get the LAST last belly pic Monday morning before we head to the hospital, but it won't be in this outfit, that's for sure!

I think God knows I need my sleep because I have slept very well these last two nights. Hopefully I will sleep well again tonight because I know I'll be getting very little to no sleep on Sunday night! I'm hoping I will, but I just know I'll be so nervous, excited, anxious, and worked up to get a whole lot of quality sleep... Which is too bad because I know I'm going to need my energy on Monday!

Jeff and I tested out our Angelcare monitor system today. We got it all set up, then put Bailey in the crib. It worked like a charm. We took Bailey out of the crib, and sure enough, 30 seconds later, the movement alarm sounded. (Showing that there was no movement/breathing happening in the crib.) So it's nice to know that it works!

The forecast for Monday is a high of 81 with a 30% chance of thunderstorms. :)

It still hasn't really sunk in completely yet, but when I woke up this morning, I definitely hit a stroke of mini-panic. I'm getting a little scared, but I know there's no backing out now, the baby is going to come in the next week or two anyway, and this way it'll be in a very controlled environment with medical professionals all around me! I know it'll be fine, but just the knowledge of everything that's going to happen is scaring me a bit! But once I'm holding Noah/Kate, it will all be worth it.

6 comments:

Emily said...

I am so excited for you! The monitor is great by the way. That is what we have and it is the only way I sleep well, knowing that if something happened to Luke I would know almost immediately. But I have had it go off when the boys were sleeping in weird positions or up on the bumper or something. But at least we know it works well! I'm praying for you guys and know that everything will go great. Enjoy your last weekend together.

Emily said...

I don't mean your last weekend together, I meant together by yourselves before you have the baby! Anyway, enjoy it!

Jimmie said...

I am so excited for you, too! I can't believe you and Jeff will be parents in like ~48 hours!!

I will probably not be concentrating at work very much on Monday because I'll be wondering if Noah/Kate has made his/her arrival yet!! Is someone going to post to your blog with the news?? ;-)

Enjoy your last couple of "peaceful" nights for the next 18-22 years...haha.

Heather B. said...

Good Luck Monday!!!!! I can't wait to here your birth story and see pictures of Noah/Kate!!!!! Seeing your child for the first time is by far the best experience in life. Absorb as much of it as you can!!!! It is truly LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT!!!!!

Heather B. said...

Oh one more thing. DO NOT be sad if you have to wear maternity clothes home from the hospital. After my 1st baby I had to, (well with my 2nd too, but anyway) and I was totally bummed because I just thought I would be skinny like before being prego!!! You will get your body back in no time!!!

Susana la Banana said...

So exciting! I can't wait to hear the news and see the pictures! I really hope someone will be posting on your blog with the details...;)
Good luck!!!