Thursday, May 1, 2008

The End is Near!

I had a doctor appointment this morning, it went pretty well. The baby wasn't overly responsive, they had to buzz it several times to get a good heart accel out of him/her. I also told him that I've noticed some decreased movement over the last few days, some of which of course is natural.

He said if I'm open to it, he's ready to get the baby out. He said that with the decent but not amazing heart accels over the last couple weeks, decreased movement, and my polyhydramnios, he'd just feel better to deliver, and if we induce, he will have control over my water breaking which is good so that the baby will be monitored and we can make sure there are no cord incidents.

So.... We're inducing on Monday!!!! I'm a little bummed, I always thought it would be fun to go into labor on your own and have a fun story of when & where that happens, but Baby still has a few days to help me out on that end! I'm also nervous of an induction... But he said I'm a very favorable candidate because I'm already 2cm dilated and 50% effaced (or more - he didn't check me today), he thinks everything should go smoothly. Also for the first time ever, the NST was registering some contractions. Woohoo! I didn't feel them at the Dr's office, but I went grocery shopping afterwards and felt them there!

But of course I'm not too upset, my discomfort will come to an end, I get to meet this baby, and we'll be out of the hospital by the time Andrea, Steve & Micah, AND Joel fly into town on Thursday/Friday! So overall it works out well, I'm so excited... But it hasn't quite sunk in yet... I'm having this baby on MONDAY!! (Or Tuesday if it takes forever!) Crazy.

8 comments:

Jimmie said...

Oh my gosh, how exciting! I bet these next few days for you will be crazy knowing that the baby is coming on Monday. :-)

Keep us updated! I can't wait to hear about Noah or Kate's arrival!!

Jennifer said...

Wow! That is so exciting! You never know, you may go into labor before then. Good luck!

Heather B. said...

That is awesome news. Don't be nervous about being induced. I was with both of mine and it wasn't as bad as I expected. My only advice is get an epidural!!! It will do you wonders when it comes time to push!!!!! This is super exciting. Make sure you have your nurse take a pic of you and your hubby before they get you all hooked up to stuff Monday morning!! Mine is one of my most treasured pictures!!!

YEA FOR NOAH OR KATE!!!!!

Heather B. said...

Also, all the people who guessed May 5th in your baby pool are right!!! Now we will see which one of us gets the other stats right!!!

Emily said...

Yea! So exciting. You never know. It could happen before Monday. Your mom could still be right. Can't wait see this baby!

Jimmie said...

Dude, Laura, I just went back and looked at your baby pool. You guessed 5/5 at 7:09 pm...you may be dead on if you don't go into labor before Monday!! :-)

Mike and Susanne said...

Yeah! The good thing is that you might not have to worry about your water breaking somewhere embarrassing, like Walmart! Don't worry...induction isn't too bad, especially since you are dilated! We can't wait to hear all about it! (and see whether you have a Noah or a Kate!)

Maureen said...

How exciting!! If you have any questions about induction, give me a call. My induction was great, I would do it again!

Can't wait to see what you have!!