We had Kate's 2 week checkup on Monday. Everything is looking great! She weighs 8 pounds, 9 oz! So she's now over her birth weight! The Ped said I can stop waking her up to feed her now, yay!! No more alarm clock in the middle of the night! She's 50th percentile for weight, 80th or 90th for height (??!) and her head is only 10th percentile, but she said that's nothing to worry about and is likely to change by her 2 month appointment. She said Kate looks great, very alert, healthy, and happy!
She's been a little more demanding this week - she wants to stay up ALL DAY long! That's better than all night, I suppose, but she has only been taking two ~1 hour catnaps per day... I KNOW she needs more sleep than that. But it's like at 5:30 a switch flips and she goes into night mode and resumes her 3+ hour stretches of sleep. Weird. It just takes so much more out of you and I can't get anything done when she doesn't sleep! She's doing a little better today, she napped earlier for 1.5 hours, and now she's been down again for about an hour... Let's hope she keeps it up at least another hour or more!
Today is Jeff's and my 4 year anniversary. I can't believe it's been 4 years! My parents are coming over this evening to watch her for a short bit so Jeff and I can go out to dinner. Hopefully Kate behaves for them!
Here's Kate on her 2 week birthday:

And here's my LAST belly pic! 2 weeks post partum.



3 comments:
Glad you guys get to go out tonight. Enjoy it! You are looking great. Damon's head has always been on the small side too. He was always at the 10-15 percentile. I'll pray that napping gets better. I know how hard your days can be with a baby who refuses to nap!
Yey! Happy anniversary! Love your family picture :)
I am glad that she is doing well. My Kendall was the same way about nap time. I ended up having to get her a 3 nap a day schedule because with 2 a day she just didn't sleep long enough!! You might try that for a while. She is beautiful!! And you look WONDERFUL!!!! I am almost 1 yr post prego and I don't look that good!!! That is totally awesome!!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!
Post a Comment