Kate woke up this morning at 7 am. And is still up. It's 11:30 pm. She has been up for 16 1/2 hours with the exception of four twenty minute naps. I don't know what to do anymore. She just refuses to sleep.
While I'm here, here are a couple of pictures from today.

4 comments:
Ok!!! Please let me help you!! Email me: ponytailbabe at gmail dot com!!! I have been through this and am more than willing to help you!!!
Try not to worry about it too much. I know all the books tell us that babies are supposed to sleep and sleep, but some just don't! I can comfort you with the fact that Snorri is a great sleeper now and has been ever since he was about four months - but was much like Katie when he was tiny!
Thinking of you all!
Luke was the same. I know it's hard. He didn't nap well until he was about 8 months old. And then there was a lot of crying (from both of us) until he finally figured it out. Now he naps pretty well. You WILL get through this. It may take some experimentation, but it will eventually work.
She looks so sweet. Nothing at all like a baby that is giving you a hard time! She is going to be ornery. I'm praying for you.
Hey Laura, I hope it makes you feel TONS better that so far everyone that's commented has been through something like this--and we've all made it through in our own different ways. =)
Maybe it would help if you could get some help during the days so you can just take a nap--got a friend or relative or someone who can come over and give you a break? I wish I could! And if you do get someone--don't play the hostess, just go straight to sleep or to take a bath or whatever you need to do to get a break. Then you can handle this "very tiny baby" difficulty a LOT more easily. Good luck and we're all thinking of you and wishing you well! This too shall pass!
Post a Comment