Monday, June 16, 2008

My First Smile!

This was a big weekend - Kate's first overnight trip, and my first smile from her! We spent Saturday night at my parents' house. I figured it would be a good first overnight trip because they live in town and we wouldn't have to travel too far, and would be close to home in case it was a disaster. All in all it went pretty well! It's nice to have that big hurdle out of the way. I'm scared to death of a trip any further than their house though... Because her patience in the car seat lasts about 45 minutes to 1 hour, and then she has had ENOUGH and lets you know. I'm not sure how I'd deal with a couple hours of her screaming. But we'll have to cross that bridge later. Maybe the older she gets, the more tolerant she'll become??

Anyway, for Father's Day I dressed Kate in a new outfit she hadn't worn before. It is SO cute! And.. Big girl, it's a 3 month outfit!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is Kate with her Daddy on his first Father's Day!

Photobucket

Then, best of all, yesterday afternoon we had Kate lying on the floor while I was running around the house packing up our stuff to go home. My mom was laying on the floor with her. Then I came over, and kneeled over her and started taking to her... And then she SMILED at me!!! At first I thought it could have been a fluke, but then she smiled 2 more times as I talked to her. I totally teared up and melted.

Then she turned her head and looked at my mom, and gave her a smile!! My mom ran and grabbed her camera and we actually got one on video!

They say babies can have their first social smiles at 6 weeks, so I guess she's right on time!

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love the smile...so cute! She has adorable dimples.

Heather B. said...

Such a sweet smile!!! I am so glad that your first trip away from the house was a success!!!