Monday, July 21, 2008

First Trip to Oklahoma

We took Kate to Oklahoma for the first time this weekend. Overall it went pretty well! On the way up, she cried for the last 20 minutes of the trip. Then of course, as we pulled onto the Blairs' street, she fell asleep. Figures. But it's nice to know that she does give up after a while, and decide that sleeping is better than crying.

She had fun and got to meet her Great Grandpa. Jeff took some pictures, but unfortunately he's not gifted in the area of photography, and the camera was on the wrong setting, but he snapped away anyway. The pictures came out so blurry you can't recognize either of them! Hopefully next time we can get some better pictures.

The drive home went about the same. Right around the 1.5-2 hour mark, she's had ENOUGH. We were nearing my parents' house at that time, so we picked up dinner and ate at their house, so Kate could get out of the carseat and stretch a bit. That seemed to work out well.

The biggest news of the day is that we are swaddle and sleep wedge FREE!!! Today is our first day without the swaddle blanket and wedge, and it's going amazingly well. She's had two successful naps sleeping in her Sleepsack. This is Kate when she woke up from her most recent nap.

Photobucket

It has been a much easier transition than I imagined it could be. It's wonderful to not be dependent on swaddling. I can't wait for the night when I put my baby in a sleeper and put her to bed! I might actually try that tonight and see how it goes!

Finally, Kate's first FLIGHT is booked!!! Kate and I are going to visit Uncle Steve, Anutie Andrea, and cousin Micah in Chicago from August 8 - 13. I'm a little nervous about flying alone with her, but she's really such a good baby that I'm not too concerned. I am so excited and can't wait to go.

No comments: