My big girl slept in a sleeper last night, no Sleepsack, sleep wedge or anything... She's growing up so fast! I really wasn't sure how she'd do, but she slept like a dream. I've been reading that babies need a distinct bedtime routine, but when we were swaddling, each nap was no different from bedtime. So now that she wears a sleeper to bed, I established a new routine. Plus, up until now, we've been rocking her to sleep for every nap and bedtime, and I decided yesterday that we need to stop doing that as well. So for her last 2 naps of the day, I just laid her down when she was ready for a nap. The first nap she fell right asleep! Wow. The second nap she fussed for 5 minutes 3 different times, so finally on the third time I had Jeff go rock her to sleep since I was cooking dinner. She went right out.
So last night I put her in the sleeper, went to the rocking chair, and read her "goodnight moon." Then I laid Kate in the crib, kissed her goodnight, and walked away. We heard 2 skwaks out of her, then the next time we went in to check on her, she was out. I told Jeff I couldn't believe how lucky we are.. he said "Well, let's see how nights 2 and 3 go before we think anything." So I guess he's right. But first of all I just can't believe how easy the transition from swaddle to sleeper was. I just decided on Thursday to start weaning! I guess she really was ready. She slept 11 hours. :)
So I'm still expecting a battle to work through with laying her down for naps without being rocked, but we're going to give it a shot! From what I've heard, sleep habits get really established at 3 months so I'm trying to work through all this before she hits that mark. The first nap of the day is underway without too much drama. I laid her down and left, she cried for about 5 minutes but then gave up and fell asleep. Good girl.
a prayer for back to school
3 years ago



1 comment:
first of all, i love the blog. so fun to read about all the same things i am going through. you are lucky to have a good sleeping baby. you must know that you are a good mommy so that is why you have a good sleeper. keep up all the good stuff and fun blog entries. love, stephanie
Post a Comment