Thursday, July 17, 2008

Weaning From Swaddle & Swing

For the last week or two, when I've gotten Kate up in the morning, she had worked both arms out of her swaddle overnight. So, I decided to try taking her cue and begin the weaning process from her swaddle. (I'm scared to death!)

The other thing I decided to work on at the same time is getting her to nap in her crib. She sleeps in there at night like a dream (8-10 hours straight every night) but has been napping in her swing ever since 6 weeks.

So, here's her first nap of the day - it's going GREAT so far!! She didn't nap as long as she normally does, the first nap of the day, but it's a start! Fingers crossed!

Photobucket

And while I'm here, a couple pictures of Kate from today's photo shoot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! When our little escape artist started getting out of her swaddle, we moved her to a sleepsack. We tried a bunch of companies, but we like the Halo version the best. I was terrified! but all is great and i did a bunch of research and Halo has won a bunch of awards from the First Candle (SIDS alliance) so that makes me feel really good. So i sleep better knowing she is safe!
I read all about Halo on the website halosleep.com Check it out! isn't being a mama the BEST?!
Steph