Monday, November 26, 2007

16 Weeks!

Up another week to 16 weeks! It is flying by so quickly.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It doesn't look like I'm sticking out any further this week, but I think I'm starting to look a little more rounded! I also had my dad take this picture, and it was at my parents' house, so it was taken from a different angle, different position, etc, so that may be why I look a little different.

I'm feeling movement almost every day now. It has been so great. It is still just the slightest of thumps, but it keeps happening in the same spot and with too much frequency to be my body doing it. This morning I was eating a strawberry smoothie. About 10 minutes into the smoothie, I started feeling some bumps! Can you say sugar rush??? :) My books say the baby is about the size of a softball right now. I can't believe how huge that is!

We spent Thanksgiving with my family this year. I love the years we're with my family, and I get to eat all the old traditional dishes I grew up with in Minnesota. I think I alone must have eaten about a pound of Wild Rice! Yum.

On Friday we drove up to Oklahoma to go to the OU/OSU football game with Jeff's family on Saturday. While we were there, the Blairs had us all gather up, dress in our OU gear, and take a family picture. Isn't Bailey so cute???

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

On our way home from Oklahoma, we passed by a really bad wreck. As we were driving by, we saw them loading a body bag into the Coroner's van. So sad. Jeff and I were reflecting on how we made two stops in Duncan before we left town... If we hadn't made those stops, who knows how much closer we could have been to that accident. We are very thankful for God's protection.

Jeff is now at an in-town conference until Wednesday. While it's in-town, it's still far enough away from home that he is staying there, so I'm home alone until then! (Poor thing Jeff will be staying for free at the Dallas Four Seasons. hmph!) I don't know what I'm going to do with myself!!! I guess turn the heat up, put on some comfy clothes, go rent some chick flicks and cuddle up with Bailey to watch them!

2 comments:

Susana la Banana said...

Thanks for the comment, Laura.
I'm sure your baby will have NO problems sleeping, and there will be something else entirely for you to worry about and/or lose sleep over...
You KNOW it's all worth it, though. ;)

Jenny said...

Wow! I think it's sooo neat that there is a little person growing inside you!! God was so creative in coming up with that! I like your little baby pooch!
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!