Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Baby Loves Choir!

Last night was a dress rehearsal for our Christmas Event/Concert at church. I sing in the choir. During our first song, the baby started kicking me a bit. During the second song, I felt a completely NEW sensation... The baby must have done backflip or something! It was the weirdest thing I've ever felt! The only way I can try to describe it is if you have an aquarium fish cupped in your hands and it squirms! It was definitely a different sensation from kicks. I've never really heard people talking about squirming or flipping, so it was sort of unexpected! Definitely cool though. I hope the baby does it again soon!

All my books say the baby is just starting to be able to hear, so I'm sure it was just enjoying the music! I need to pull out the headphones and start playing all my favorite songs for the baby. :)

2 comments:

Elin said...

Snorri really was at it when I was playing in my string quartet during my pregnancy - and especially when I was tuning my instrument. He would never kick as much - and when the tuning was right he slowed down a little. Now he's unusually rhythmic and holds a tune extremely well!

OUWxGuesser said...

Haha. The only time I remember you singing is in the Fiedler video.