Sunday, July 13, 2008

Kate's New Mei Tai

A few days ago I finished Kate's new mei tai!

Photobucket

I love it. I even made a couple matching burp cloths! Lots of fun. Kate is doing better. Her original infected eye is just about cleared up, and her right eye is still going, but I think it's just taking the same course the left one did, so give it a couple more days. And she had her poop explosion on Friday night. I was on the computer and I heard Jeff yell "I think she pooped!" So we ran into the nursery for a tag-team diaper change. We began to clean her up, but... OOPS she wasn't done! Lovely. So we got a good laugh out of that diaper change. And since then she's been in a much better mood!

Today was Kate's first day in the nursery at church. I wasn't worried about a stranger handling/taking care of her, but my concern is that they don't know all of her idiosyncrasies and clues as to when she's ready for her food, play, sleep, etc, and exactly how to use her swaddle blanket and just how she likes to be rocked to sleep... I didn't want her in the nursery crying because her needs weren't being met correctly. So I gave instructions the best I could, and walked away hoping for the best. The nursery workers said she did great. I checked on her between Sunday School and the Worship Service, and she was doing fine. When I picked her up afterwards, she was asleep in a crib, so I guess they did something right! At home she only naps in the swing! Although lately I haven't tried to get her to nap in the crib, maybe I should try again. So all in all it went well!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Laura and Jeff - what a blessed and cute baby you have. Mike and I went to Duncan this last weekend and your family told me your blogspot! I was so thrilled to keep up. Mike, by the way, is very happy that Kate was born on his birthday! Congratulations and we are excited for you two. You can keep up with us (if you want) at robersonacademy.blogspot.com too!

Mike and Susanne said...

I remember dropping Sophie off for the first time in nursery...I almost cried! I'm glad Kate did so well, and I'm also glad that she finally pooped! Isn't it funny all the things you get excited about as a new parent...like poop?!?! She's such a cutie!