Friday, September 14, 2007

6 Weeks!

I made it another week! Each one that ticks by I just breathe a sigh of relief.

Our baby is now roughly the size of a pencil eraser. How miraculous that it (God-willing) has a beating heart! Think how tiny that must be. At the same time, the baby is growing at an amazing rate! At 4 weeks, it was the size of a poppy seed. All this past week it was a sesame seed, and going from that to a pencil eraser. That's quite a growth rate!

Only a few more days until our next ultrasound, when we should be able to see the heartbeat. Once we have seen that, the risk of miscarriage goes down to LESS than 5%! Amazing! I'm so excited to get to that point. And I'm so excited to start telling people too! We haven't quite decided when we'll do it, I think we're pretty much waiting for the heart beat to make a decision... But I still don't think we'll tell any earlier than 8 weeks. That doesn't sound too bad, I can hold out at least 2 more!

I'm feeling good, for now. It's really touch and go throughout the day. Sometimes I just feel awful and others I'm feeling pretty good. As of now, I've lost 7 pounds since the day I got my positive pregnancy test. Yikes! But I've heard a lot of people lose weight in the first trimester, and it's totally ok. At least this will help me keep the overall weight gain down!

Tomorrow the OU game is PPV, and Verizon doesn't offer it, so we're going to go to Two Rows on Greenville to watch the game. It should be fun, but I must say I'm not really looking forward to being in a restaurant and smelling all those different food smells... Hopefully I'll be ok!

I'll try to get Jeff to take my 6 Week pictures tonight before we go to a high school football game with our Sunday School class.

No comments: