Friday, September 21, 2007

What a Sweet, Sweet Sound

Tuesday, September 18 was our next ultrasound. I was 6 weeks and 4 days. I was really nervous because starting right around the 6 week mark, I started spotting again, which is never good! I was still pretty confident the baby was fine, but I had seeds of doubt eating at me.

Our appointment was right away at 8:15 in the morning. I was thankful to get it over with so quickly! I didn't sleep very well the night before.

As soon as the ultrasound picture came up on the screen, my first impression was.. WOW the sac is SO much bigger!! Then I saw the little baby in the corner (looked like a little worm!) Then I saw the flash flash flash of the heartbeat. I knew it immediately. We looked at the baby and the heart beat for a while, then she switched it over to sound... I was like, what is she doing?

Then I hear the WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH WHOOSH of the heartbeat! I could not believe it, I wasn't expecting to be able to HEAR it that early. It was so strong and steady! So wonderful! I cried when I heard that!!!

It's 118 bpm. She said that's normal, and that I'm looking absolutely perfect for 6 weeks! They released me from care at the RE, and told me to go ahead and schedule my first OB appointment! Woohoo! I go in next Tuesday, September 25 for my first appointment with Dr. Rovner. He came highly recommended from Dr. Goldstein (My RE.)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: