So I found out at 10DPO on Monday evening, August 27. When Jeff got home from work, I gave him a box containing the pregnancy test, an OU onesie, an infant cap, and booties. When he opened the box, the pregnancy test fell out onto the floor. He asked "What's that?" I told him... Well, read it! (It was a digital pregnancy test, so it said "PREGNANT") He looked at me and said, "Are you really???" I was just as shocked as he was, because it was my first month on Metformin and they tell you to not expect it to work that quickly! We went out to dinner at McAllisters (though I was so sick I couldn't eat!) so I watched Jeff eat, and nibbled a bit on his sandwich. After that, we stopped off at Barnes & Noble and picked up the traditional What to Expect When You're Expecting.

I called the RE first thing in the morning on Tuesday, because I was supposed to be having a Pre-Op appointment that morning for my surgery on Thursday to remove a uterine polyp! The nurse told me to come on in and we'd get some blood drawn and run my betas. They called me back that afternoon and told me my HcG was 23. Sort of middle of the road, but for as early as it was (12DPO) that could definitely be a normal reading. The most important thing was that it doubled in 2 days.
Waiting for Thursday was the longest wait of my life! Wednesday morning, I started to spot. I panicked, and thought it was over before I ever got a chance to get used to the idea of being pregnant. Thursday morning I went in and had my blood drawn again. I told the nurse about the spotting, and she assured me that as long as it's not red, I'm ok. So I lived by those words for the next few days! It took them FOREVER to call me back with my 2nd Betas, we were looking for a minimum level of 45, and they came back 60! Praise the Lord! We had a growing baby!!
Meanwhile, I was lying through my teeth to everyone that day. Everyone thought that I was still scheduled to have surgery, so I had to call my parents to tell them it was postponed, and I sent out an email to those who thought I was having surgery to tell them that my doctor had a "patient emergency" and that we'd have to re-schedule.
After getting the second set of Betas back, I tried to relax a little. I put away all my pregnancy tests (I think I had taken 9 or 10 at that point... obsessive much?) and my thermometer. I was obsessing over my temperature, afraid it wasn't high enough. I decided to relax and enjoy it. Even if something were to happen, I'm still pregnant for NOW and I deserve to enjoy it!
That brings us to the end of week 3 of pregnancy. I found out SO early - at 10 DPO I was only 3 weeks & 3 days pregnant! Wow!



No comments:
Post a Comment