I got rear-ended on 190-GWB Tollway. I was stopped on an on-ramp with all the other traffic, and the other driver was not paying attention. I saw her coming in my rear-view mirror, she had to have been going 30-40 mph. I braced myself for the impact, and she smacked me.
My neck whipped forward and back, I'm feeling VERY sore today, in my neck and and arms. I think it's because I saw it coming, and I braced myself, so all my muscles were tensed when I was hit. My biggest concern is the little baby!! The seatbelt was right where the little one is... So there had to be some impact there...
I called the RE office right away after the wreck and told them about it. They said this early in the pregnancy, the baby is so tiny that my body should have absorbed and protected the baby. But they said if I have any cramping or bleeding to call them right away and they'll get me right in to check things out. So far so good.
Aside from the soreness, I'm ok. I had a pretty bad headache yesterday, I left work a few hours early to go home and lay down. I have a bit of a residual headache today. It seems to be getting a little worse right now.
Here is a picture of the car.

It is currently in the hands of the lady's insurance, Progressive. Jeff and I are REALLY hoping they will decide to total the car... We want to buy a new car! We were going to get one before the baby came anyway, so it's just 6 months or so early! We sort of have a feeling they're just going to repair it though... Toyota estimated the damage at $4,000. (75% of the value of the car)
If they do total the car for us, we're looking at the Chevy Equinox and Trailblazer, I'd DIE to have a Toyota 4Runner, but I doubt we can afford that... And Jeff wants me in a Hummer. I have to admit I'd love the security of a Hummer! I'll test drive one, just to humor him, but I doubt we'd ever end up with one! I'm leaning toward the Equinox. I like small SUV's.
So now we're just waiting on a phone call. They said they'd get back to us today or Monday. Hopefully it's today!



No comments:
Post a Comment