It started out by recruiting my friend, Kristin, to help me cook up a surprise to tell our parents that we are pregnant. For a long time I had been wanting to do a spin-off on those Mastercard "Priceless" commercials. Kristin is great at scrapbooking, so she helped me make two picture frames for the parents.

If the picture is too small to read, it says:
Digital Print... $0.29
Picture Frame... $13.79
Scrapbooking Supplies... $4.04
Realizing there are three people in this picture... Priceless
Baby Blair arriving May 2008
I was SOOO nervous all day Saturday. Mom and Dad were going to come over sometime in the mid-late afternoon and join us for the season opener of OU Football!
When they came over, I told them that my friend was getting me into scrapbooking and I wanted to show them my first page. So I handed them the frame. They read it for the longest time, looking at the picture, looking at the words, etc etc, and then all of a sudden my dad reads the "Baby Blair arriving May 2008" out loud and says "ARE YOU PREGNANT?????" My mom said "WHAT???" I started crying and was like "YES!!!" They are SOOOO shocked and excited and thrilled.
The whole thing wasn't computing for them, my mom said she thought I was starting a scrapbooking "business" and was listing out what I charge for items! HAHA!
We went out to Outback to celebrate, and I watched while the rest of them ate. LOL! I had a few bites of my mom's and Jeff's steak, and part of a sweet potato, but overall I still feel too sick to eat.
I had been trying to get a hold of my sister all evening, and then on our way home from the restaurant we finally got a hold of her. When my mom and I were up in Chicago a couple weeks ago, my mom had been looking at one of her books that has actual pictures of babies in every stage of development, beginning from conception. So when I got her on the phone, I asked, "I was wondering if you could get me the name of the book Mom was looking at, or if you could go grab it for me so you can tell me what my baby looks like right now at 4 weeks." Her immediate response was, "You're PREGNANT???" haha It surprised me! I thought she'd have to think about it for a minute! She is SO surprised and excited too!!! I'm so happy we get to be pregnant together, even if it is for one month!
My brother was out of town for the weekend, so I'll be able to tell him soon!
It's the in-laws turn this weekend, and we're so excited to tell them too!



1 comment:
I was so clueless! I kept going back and forth between the picture and the prices, trying to figure it all out. I was like "look where their hands are!". And, "why is she advertising prices? Does she need a new hobby?"
Post a Comment