I am 29 Weeks today! Only 1 more week until 30! That is crazy! Pretty soon counting backwards it'll be weeks in the SINGLE digits!
Our latest stress is crib mattress shopping. Mattress makers sure know how to prey on new parent fear. Jeff and I picked out a mattress that we liked, seemed fine, and as an added bonus, it was made to fit our Babi Italia crib. Better yet, the price was reasonable. But then I started researching mattresses (shouldn't I have done that BEFORE we bought one?? Oh well..) and found that the "recommended" minimum number of coils for a crib mattress (to reduce SIDS risk) is 150. The one we picked has 117. So now I'm all scared about this stupid mattress I picked out and am wondering if it's going to kill my baby. Why would they make a mattress too soft? I'm sure this mattress would be just fine, but I guess I'll admit I'm buying into the fear-based marketing. We loaded up the mattress and I'm going to go pick another one out this evening, with a minimum of 150 coils... And I'm sure I'll end up spending about 2 times what I originally planned! Part of me just wants to keep the original mattress, but I know if anything ever happened to our baby while in bed, I'd think back to this decision and never forgive myself for not being the most educated shopper I can be.
Last night I think I had my first Braxton Hicks contraction. The whole time we were sitting at the table eating dinner last night I was a little uncomfortable, but couldn't place my finger on anything specific. Overall I felt like I could breathe well, and had to keep leaning back from the table to try to give my belly some room. Then when I stood up to go put my plate in the dishwasher, I couldn't really stand up straight because my belly was SOOOO hard, tight and stiff! It wasn't painful or anything, just hard as a rock! From what I've heard, that's what BH's are like! It went away within 20 seconds or so, and was gone! Weird.
I have high hopes for this weekend, to get the nursery more organized and finally get our glider in there. We have it in the family room for now because we like to sit in it while we watch TV! haha.
a prayer for back to school
3 years ago



1 comment:
I have never heard of this coil count thing EVER!! Apparently fear-marketing hasn't made it's way to Iceland. Both for Snorri's basinet and crib I just got a simple matress that fitted. I didn't even have the imagination to google baby matresses before hand...
Post a Comment