I have been starting to feel a little left out lately in the last few weeks. All of the books and pregnancy updates I've been reading tell me that I should have been feeling Baby's hiccups for a few weeks now, but up until yesterday, nothing. Well, as I was sitting here at my desk yesterday morning, I could feel a little activity going on, but I couldn't nail down what Baby was up to. I put my hand on my belly, and felt a very rhythmic thump, thump, thump, thump. It was so cute!! It lasted about 5-7 minutes or so. I was very excited. It's so amazing to think of my baby in there! One girl on my "May Due Dates" board had her baby early this week, at 28 weeks. She posted pictures of her baby girl, and it's amazing to think that my baby looks like THAT. It was small of course, but fully complete and beautiful! Just crazy.
Last night was our third childbirth education class. The class was mainly on epidurals. Out of the entire labor & delivery process, I am the MOST scared of the epidural! Don't get me wrong... Not scared enough that I'd consider going without one... But scared none the less! And they say that education gives you power, but if anything, after last night I'm MORE scared! haha! But I'm sure when it comes down to it and I'm having contractions, I'm not going to care what they're doing to my back, as long as it makes the pain go away! So I try not to think about it. :)
They also told us last night that from now until delivery, the baby will be gaining about 1/2 pound a week. Whoa, baby!! That's some incredible weight gain! Considering it took the entire pregnancy thus far for the baby to reach 2 - 2 1/2 pounds.
My itchiness is still around, but I think I've gotten used to it. Thanks to medicated lotions it's very livable.
Last night was a rough night related to acid reflux. Thankfully I don't really experience any pain or burning in association with it, but it's very uncomfortable and makes me feel like I'm going to throw up. Normally I take 1 Gaviscon tablet and it goes away, but it was having no effect last night. I had to sit up in bed for about 30 minutes from 3 - 3:30, and then when I laid back down I propped up 3 pillows behind me to try to keep myself somewhat elevated. I was up probably 6 times or so... I guess I should go back and look at what I ate yesterday! Either that or get used to it, as it will only get worse for 11 more weeks! :)
a prayer for back to school
3 years ago



1 comment:
Hi Laura! No reason to be afraid of the epidural! Epidural is good!!
The girl's name in Pipi is Anna here in Iceland, but in the original she is Annika.
Post a Comment