Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Fun Weekend in Minnesota!

I'm back from the frozen tundra! I had a great weekend. At the time when I was planning all of this, I definitely still wanted to go and see my friends, but at the same time I really was looking forward to a quiet weekend at home to relax. But Jeff and I both agreed that I better take advantage of situations like this while I can, because after the baby is here, stuff like this will be few and far between! So I'm very glad I went.

Saturday night we went out to dinner downtown Minneapolis, and afterwards we had to talk about a block and a half to the parking garage to get to the car. I think by that time, it was about -11 outside, and the wind chill was somewhere around -30!!!!! CRAZY. I really had forgotten what that is like, and just how cold that is. Wow. But we made it fine, and I survived! Once we got back into the garage, I asked the baby what it thought of that, but I didn't get a response. :) Must be nice to have a 98 degree incubator environment at all times! When I got on the plane yesterday to come home, they came over the speaker and announced that it was currently 73 in Dallas. Everyone on the plane let out a gasp/sigh... haha! It felt great to step off the plane into the breezeway and feel that nice warm air. It was fun to go up to Minnesota for a weekend, but I really think Texas is HOME!

A couple minor complaints at this point in the pregnancy... I will say I'm very thankful I have nothing HUGE to complain about!

I still have constant itchiness, but it's at a live-able level, and it doesn't keep me up at night. Thank God for Gold Bond medicated lotion, that's the only thing that keeps the itch at bay.

Acid Reflux. Ugh. Constantly. Once again, thanking God for another product, Gaviscon. Tums and Rolaids don't do a thing for me, but as soon as that Gaviscon hits, the reflux is GONE.

Just in the last week I've noticed the baby encroaching on my lungs and breathing ability! In order to be able to breathe comfortably, I need to be sitting in a semi-reclined position! I try pushing at the baby to get it to move back down, and every once in a while it works, and ahhhh I can take a deep breath again.

Last night I had sort of a first, I felt the baby not quite kicking, but just stretching the limits of its space in there... And I could definitely tell I had a foot gently pressing outwards on my upper belly. So I felt on my stomach where the foot was, pressed down, and definitely hit some resistance! And then all of a sudden the baby KICKED back with force! haha! I think I scared it or something! hehe. But that was the first direct interaction we've had! So fun!

1 comment:

Susana la Banana said...

Oh, that is a fun game! James used to play with us all the time like that when he was in utero...we'd place our hand where something of his was sticking out...he'd retreat, wait a minute, and then kick or head-butt or whatever as hard as he could, just to say hi! ;)

Exciting!!