Well this afternoon, we laid down to take a short nap, and the baby was being somewhat active, so I scooted up to him and pressed my stomach up against him. For the longest time I could feel it moving inside, but he said he wasn't feeling anything! Then the baby finally gave a solid kick, Jeff jumped a little, looked at me and said, "I felt it!!" It was so exciting! Over the next 15 minutes or so he got to feel 2 more kicks, so that was a lot of fun.
In the last week I've started feeling kicks above the belly button too. That is weird to feel it so high! So since the baby is upside down, I guess the above-belly button "kicks" are actually kicks, and whatever I'm feeling down low is actually punches or something? I don't know. It's interesting none the less!
On Friday we hit 22 weeks! Yay! Here's my picture.

We had fun Friday night, we stopped by Target to add some stuff to our registry, and then went and saw a movie. It was a fun date night and I need to remember to enjoy these "last" few months we get to spend alone! :)
On Saturday my parents gave us a call and wanted to come over to show us my mom's new car. We had fun with them for the afternoon and we love mom's car! It has a lot of voice activation features which is really cool, she can tell it to call people, or play specific tracks on CD's and stuff! Very cool. We stopped out and saw Blaze, it had been quite a while since they'd gotten to see her!
Saturday evening was the Watson Wyatt (Jeff's company) Holiday Party. It's a fairly formal event held at the Four Seasons. We got all dressed up and my parents snapped some pictures of us before we left. The ones of us together on my camera aren't any good (it was windy and my hair and dress were flying all over the place!) they took a picture of me inside.

It was a fun evening, the theme was a Casino night. Jeff had a lot of fun at the Craps table. I started out playing with him there (and even got to roll the dice!) One guy, just before I rolled, called out and bet on a "Hard Four" and sure enough, that's what I rolled! That was pretty exciting! But I 7'd out rather quickly. At this point in pregnancy, I'm starting to get a little bit achy and sore if I stand too long, particularly in my right lower back. So I left the Craps table and found Blackjack, which I played the rest of the night. It's been a long time since I played, but it was a lot of fun! And better that none of it was real money, so it didn't matter that I lost it all by the end of the night! :)



3 comments:
You look faaaabulous, my dear.
Has the baby started kicking your bladder yet? That's always fun too.
You are such a cute pregnant lady! I love the dress! I'm glad things are going good for you guys and that you are over your sickness (that didn't sound like fun!)
P.S. I use Bare Minerals and like it too!
Post a Comment