Monday, January 28, 2008

The Nursery is Painted!

My parents came over on Saturday and helped us paint the nursery. Boy, did it feel good to get the nursery EMPTY!!!! It was a complete disaster in there. But, it all had to go somewhere, and now the rest of the house is a disaster... But we decided that between now and when the baby comes, we are going to take one room in the house on a weekend, go through it top to bottom, and throw away everything we can... And what we can't throw away, find a place for it. Because we know once the baby is here, none of that will ever get done!

Without further ado, here are the nursery pictures.

Before painting:

Photobucket

Photobucket

After painting:

Photobucket

And here's the curtain material held up next to the wall:

Photobucket

Now that the room is painted, we can really get moving. We need to buy blinds for the window, then I can sew my curtains, and we're also going to install the ceiling fan. I think we'll try to get those things accomplished in the next weekend or two. I could spend my evenings sewing, it shouldn't take too long. I'm so antsy to go out and buy my furniture! I can't wait to get the nursery looking more complete. We're holding off to see if the furniture ever goes on sale, so I'm trying to be patient!

Last Friday I checked out 3 baby name books from the library. I'm starting to feel a lot of pressure on my girl name!! Time is running out! While we were waiting for the first coat of paint to dry, my mom paged through the books and we discussed some girl names. We got a couple new ideas, but nothing that feels 100% right yet. I have a feeling we'll be going to the hospital with a list of several girl names, and then if it's a girl, see what she looks like and then decide. :) Now if I could just get Jeff to agree to my favorite girl name!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I like both the paint color and the fabric! Very classy. Thumbs up