Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Latest Nursery Ideas!

I'm back from Minnesota! I had such a great time. I'll give a review of my trip as soon as my mom gets her act together and sends me her pictures!

Soooo, today I had a great brainstorming session of new nursery ideas, and dare I say I believe this is my FINAL DRAFT, and I feel ready to start TONIGHT! :)

First of all, here's the furniture we're going with:

Photobucket

Photobucket
The walls will be painted sage green.

I'm going to sew some curtains. We'll have white wood blinds up in the window. Over that, I'm going to have a sheer white curtain hanging down over the window. Over that, I'm going to use this fabric that I found at Hancock, and fell in love!

Photobucket

Sorry it's not the greatest picture, it was taken with my cell phone camera!


And sew curtains to have pulled to the side (either with ribbon or with hooks) to reveal the sheer white curtain underneath.

For crib bedding, I'm going to go with just plain plain sage. Probably no bumper, unless I put it all together and it just looks naked. For the crib skirt, I'm going to use a sage skirt and then sew a ribbon of the same curtain fabric probably 2-3 inches along the bottom edge.

Photobucket

We'll get a mocha brown rocker, and I'll sew a throw pillow or something of the curtain fabric to tie things together. I may also just buy a plain lampshade and cover it with the curtain fabric? I'm not sure at what point it becomes overkill. hehe.

So, that's my plan! I'm SO excited to finally have it laid out, I feel like I really have motivation to get going now!!!

5 comments:

Jimmie said...

That sounds really cute, and I am still in admiration of you guys for not finding out the sex of your baby! Just thinking about it would drive me nuts, and because I'm such a compulsive over-planner, I'd never be able to not find out!! :-)

(And, because, if we ever have a girl, I want to be able to buy pink, dangit!)

Mike and Susanne said...

I love the ideas for the room. Sage green is going to look great with the furniture!! Good thing you are so handy at sewing!

P.S. Mike is trying to talk me into not finding out the sex of our next baby. He's starting to win me over, but we'll see!

Elin said...

Hey Laura, the crib looks beautiful! Unfortunatelly over here, the cribs are usually smaller, Snorri is outgrowing his already. We also don't have the great selection you have so pretty much people all have the same stuff. Ikea gets you a long way in Scandinavia.
Another thing, I'd really like to knit something for the baby. I am by now a compulsive knitter, I cant sit and watch TV without having knitting needles in my hand! Is there a color or an item you would prefer?

Mike and Susanne said...

To add a ticker to your blog: I went to lilypie.com to create my ticker. Then you can copy the HTML, go back to your blog to where you can edit your template, open a new page element and paste it in. Then I just dragged the new page element up to the top of my blog instead of having it on the side. Hope that makes sense!

Emily said...

I love your furniture and fabric. It will look so good together. I can't wait until you post pictures of your room all finished. It will look great!