Thursday, January 3, 2008

What am I Having?

I ran across this gender test online that compiles all the old wives tales about your baby's gender.

http://www.childbirth.org/articles/boyorgirl.html

According to the test, I have a 65% chance of having a girl. Here are some of the reasons why, or why not.

You are carrying the extra weight out front, so it's a boy.
The hair on your legs is not growing any faster during your pregnancy, so it's a girl.
Boys are carried low. You are going to have a boy.
Sleeping in a bed with your pillow to the south indicates that you will be having a girl.
Your feet are colder than they were before pregnancy. You are having a boy.
You refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread. You are having a girl.
The maternal grandmother doesn't have gray hair (dyed or natural), so a girl will be born.
You had morning sickness early in pregnancy, so you are expecting a girl.
You are not looking particularly good during pregnancy. Therefore, it must be a girl, because girls steal their mother's looks.
Since the sum of the mother's age at conception and the number of the month of conception is an odd number, it will be a girl.
You have a craving for salty or sour foods, which means that it is a boy.
Your nose hasn't changed during pregnancy, which indicates a girl.
You have been craving fruits, so it is a girl.
Your baby's heart rate is 140 or more beats per minute, so it's a girl.
You are having headaches, so it's a boy.
Your belly looks like a watermelon, so it's a girl.

So who knows! I had heard the one about baby girls "stealing their mothers looks" and I'm believing it right now! Ever since hitting the second trimester, my skin has started freaking out. My face looks horrible! I'm looking into finding a new skin care system. Anyone have any raves for managing face issues without medicated products? A couple friends have recommended Bare Minerals, so I'll probably look into that.

I'm enjoying this short week stuff. Tomorrow is Friday already! Jeff is leaving me tonight to go to a funeral in Oklahoma tomorrow, so depending on how bored I get tonight, I'm thinking about going to see the movie Juno. Yes, alone, I know I'm pathetic! The only thing that makes it more pathetic is that I was hoping there'd be like a 5-6 showing so I could go home and be in bed by 8:30 or 9, but the movie starts at 7. I suppose I could still be in bed by 9:30 or 10!

For good news, my acid reflux or whatever I was experiencing around Christmas is mostly gone! It must have been an after-effect of the flu/food poisoning. It is GREAT to not be experiencing that anymore, that was miserable!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember the Bare Minerals commercial we videoed at your wedding with Sanna as spokesmodel and Karen as test subject? Funny!

Jennifer said...

Mary Kay has always been good to me.

Emily said...

My sister uses Proactiv when she is pregnant. You can order it online. It seems to really help her. I use origins and love it.

Jimmie said...

I forgot to tell you this yesterday, but Dermalogica has done wonders for me. It is non-drying but also keeps your skin really clean without that acidic, medicin-y feel.

If you're interested, I would do a search online to find out where you can buy it. My mom can get it in Ardmore from her aesthetician, and I can get it in Grand Forks from a Vietnamese nail salon, so it's pretty random where it can be found.

Elin said...

I use Elizabeth Arden now, just started and am loving it. But also, olive oil! I know it's random and weird, but oily skin is usually reacting to lack of oil... So I wet some cotton with water and put a drop of olive oil - it did so much good for my skin especially after all the TV makeup! P.s. I do the olive oil in the evenings, not the mornings :-)

Brett, Jennifer, Cole and Chase said...

Hi My name is Jennifer and I was googling "What am I having" and your baby blog website came up. I just started a baby blog and really like your template. I am using google blog as well but can not figure out how to get other templates. If you don't mind me asking, where did you find yours??? Also, how did you get the lilypie.com picture on your blog??

Sorry this is a random email but I have been trying to find templates all day and can not find any I like.