Thursday, January 17, 2008

Minnesota Baby Shower

I got my pictures from last weekend!

I had such a great time in Minnesota. It was wonderful to see my friends and family. As soon as we left the airport, Emily knew my #1 goal was to eat my Sesame Chicken, Fried Rice, and Wontons at Leann Chin. Luckily there is one very close to Emily's house, so we stopped there before anything else! Oh. My. Gosh. I died and went to heaven. I wish I could get that down here. But I suppose it wouldn't be special anymore!

The next day we met up with my friends Mandy and Sarah at the Mall of America for some lunch and shopping. I was at the check-out line at Old Navy when I could swear I hear my mom's voice... But I went along with paying out. When I was done, I turned around, and sure enough - there was my mom! Hilarious! What are the odds! But I suppose, when two Texans head for Minnesota, there's a good chance they'll end up at Mall of America! I got all sorts of good tax-free maternity clothes, which was one of my goals for the weekend! :)

Saturday was my shower. It was so much fun! My mom and my aunt Ginny were the first ones there. My mom was talking to me, keeping me busy and distracted and all sorts of stuff... When the door opens. Yay! Another guest! It was my sister Andrea, her husband Steve, and baby Micah!!! I was SO shocked!!! Andrea had told me she wouldn't be able to make it. I was so happy and surprised, I started crying, but eventually regained my composure! The shower was great. I got lots of great baby stuff, yet lots of people were gracious enough to realize I had to take everything home with me, so I got lots of gift cards! I can't keep myself off the Target website trying to decide what I want to buy! Here are some pictures.

My mom, me, Andrea, and Micah
Photobucket

Micah and Me!
Photobucket

An adorable lion car seat dangle!
Photobucket

Isn't Micah too cute???
Photobucket

A classic toy! Never goes out of style. :)
Photobucket

A newborn sleeper complete with white (Blaze!) rocking horse, and a Wendy Bellissimo lamb mobile. (From my mom)
Photobucket

Me, Andrea, and Micah
Photobucket

Cousins! Sara, Me, Andrea, and Carolyn
Photobucket

My wonderful friends! Dara, Mandy, Sarah, Kelly, Emily, and me.
Photobucket

Micah and his cousin-to-be!
Photobucket

Overall the trip was wonderful. I was also able to grab a quick lunch with Andrea, Steve, and Micah on Sunday before we all left town. Another one of the best things about the weekend was getting to meet and spend time with Emily's little baby Gabriel. He is so precious and it was so fun to get to peek into my future for a few days!! Thanks to everyone up there, it was such a wonderful weekend.

No comments: