Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Travel - Where and When to Go?

Happy New Year!

Jeff and I have been thinking about a vacation in these last few days. We want to take a "babymoon" aka one last vacation before your life is over and you have a baby. :) It's been a few years since I've been able to take my favorite type of vacation, a cruise. And it'll probably be a few more before I get to go again! So my ideal vacation in the back of my mind has been a cruise. This weekend we looked into them a bit more. I knew the cruise lines had regulations on how far along they allow pregnant women, and it turns out you're not allowed to go past 27 weeks! Yikes! In other words, that means we need to go before February. I'm not sure if we can get our act together that quickly! But I'd sure love to. So we're looking into how many nights we'd like to take, and I would need to call my doctor to make sure they're ok with me taking a cruise.

If the cruise scenario doesn't work out, we'll take a vacation land-bound sometime in February. I really want to go somewhere warm, so it'd likely be Florida, Caribbean, or Mexico. In any case, we need to get it nailed down quickly, we learned our lesson on that last year - we wanted to spend a week in December in New York City. When we first looked into it in June, prices were reasonable. We waited to book everything for some reason, but then by August & September when we were ready to book, prices had sky-rocketed. So we learned that last minute doesn't work! We need to get going. :)

As for pregnancy, I had a possible first today. I was laying on my side on the couch, watching a movie today. Bailey was curled up along my tummy, asleep. The baby was pretty active, and then let out a VERY strong kick that I could definitely feel just having my hand resting on my belly. Bailey woke up and looked at me like "What do you want?" Like I had tapped her or something! So I wonder if Bailey felt the baby?! That would be pretty sad if Bailey got to feel it before Daddy! hehe.

2 comments:

Jimmie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jimmie said...

Sorry, had a typo the first time and it wouldn't let me edit. Anyway, I was just going to say if you need help finding a cruise, let me know. :-) And, if you are looking for a place to go besides a cruise, we were in Aruba in August, and I fell in love with it. It's just so beautiful and the beaches are pristine. We spent the day at Manchebo Beach Resort's spa (www.manchebo.com) and it was heavenly. Eagle Beach (where this hotel is and the other low-rise hotels are) was my favorite part of the island.