Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What Color Eyes Will Your Children Have?

I'm here to pass on a fun little genetics test to give you probabilities on what color eyes your children will have! Here's the link.

http://museum.thetech.org/ugenetics/eyeCalc/eyecalculator.html

According to our profile (I went on the assumption that green = hazel, but I'm not sure if that's how they'd look at it or not..) we have a 50% chance of brown eyes, 30% chance of green eyes, and 20% chance of blue eyes.

In the last week or two I've been becoming a little uncomfortable, specifically in the afternoons and evenings. Overall, my whole abdomen just hurts. It doesn't seem to be connected to my GI tract, this is definitely a more outward pain. Basically the whole abdomen, no one specific spot. Watching the girls on babycenter talk about Braxton Hicks contractions, I wondered if this might be that, but they all describe it as pain that comes and goes every 5-10 seconds or so, but this is more of a constant ache lasting several hours.

In addition, only the right side of my lower back hurts. It feels like there's some muscle or tendon connecting to my right belly (like a muscle belt or something) that is being stretched.

Lots of times I feel like this in connection with eating. I haven't been eating strict health food, but I haven't been eating absolute crap either. Sometimes I can just deal with it, sometimes I need Tylenol. One of my friends said she remembers experiencing something just like this... Most likely growing pains. Fun stuff!

I have an exciting weekend ahead of me... I'm flying up to Minnesota!! WOOHOO!! My friend Emily had her first baby this summer, and I figured if I ever want to go meet him, now is the time! So I planned a little weekend trip to go up there, see everyone, and meet little Gabriel. It's a little early, but while I'm up there, they wanted to throw me a small shower. So my first shower is on Saturday! I'm so excited, but I also know that it's sort of "too" early for a shower, but when you don't live close, you gotta do what you gotta do! I mainly can't wait to see snow again! I really do miss it in Texas. But I always try to go up north once a year during the winter to get my snow fix! :) The forecast looks like it's going to snow starting tonight, then continue through the day tomorrow, I wish it would hold off a little bit so I can see it coming down! I also can't wait to eat at Leann Chin, my favorite Chinese food in the world! It's a Minneapolis-only chain, and I always make sure to stop there several times whenever I make it back up there. Sesame Chicken, here I come!

1 comment:

Mike and Susanne said...

I hope you're having fun in Minnesota!! Baby showers are so fun (especially when they are your own!) Just so you know...everyone around here are having boys. Hmmmmm...makes you wonder!