Monday, March 3, 2008

30 Week Picture and Appointment

Here is 30 weeks!

Photobucket

This morning was my 30 week doctor appointment. We always start off with a bang, stepping on the scale. I told the nurse I was so nervous this time... (Because of the weight gain at the last appt!) Well, I had NO weight gain for these last 2 weeks! I was SO excited. They told me I was doing a great job with the weight gain. WOOHOO! It sure doesn't feel like it, I feel like I'm PIGGING out like never before. Thanks baby!!

Then today they said they were going to check my iron. The nurse asked if I had been taking any iron supplements yet, and when I said no, then she said that I might need to start taking some. I explained to her that my Dr had told me not to take it, and in fact I had to stop taking my Prenatals because of the iron content making me itchy!! She was like "hmm, interesting. Well, let's hope for a good iron level, and if it's low then there are dietary things you can try for iron, such as liver, red meat, egg yolk, etc etc." She said the look on my face was priceless when she mentioned liver.

So she comes in a few minutes later while the Dr is in with me, and says "Well, you better keep pushing that liver, your iron is 41.5." I must have had a look of panic on my face as I said, "Is that low???" Because she and the Dr both started laughing. My Dr said, "No, that is perfect, even on the high side of normal." WHEW! I was nervous about that too, because it's been a good 6-8 weeks or so since I stopped taking my prenatals, and I was worried my iron would get low. But apparently not!

I asked him about what I can do for my acid reflux (it's been keeping me up 1-2 hours per night, about 2-3 times a week), and he told me to start taking Zantac. So I'm looking forward to some relief hopefully! A couple girls I know said that Zantac completely saved them in the last weeks of their pregnancy.

Next appointment in 2 weeks. We'll be doing the GBS test at that point. Yeeeehaw!

On my way to work after the appointment, I celebrated my lack of weight gain with a nice fattening bagel from Panera. :) They have a new "Banana Pecan" bagel - oh.my.gosh. It is heaven in a bagel. I think I'm going to have to stop there after every appointment from now on!

I think I'm having more braxton hicks contractions, or at least I'm more aware of when they happen now. It's amazing how ROCK hard my stomach gets! Then a few minutes later it's soft again.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

You look awesome!! Pretty soon we'll be able to see that belly between the tank and shorts!

Anonymous said...

Wow - good work on the weight, and congrats on the iron! Glad I don't have to make you liver.
-Mom

Unknown said...

Wow! So awesome! Time has flown! Glad you are doing well!