Friday, March 14, 2008

Transition to Warmer Weather

I am loving the transition to Spring. Temperatures are supposed to be in the upper 80's today. Sadly, the main reason I'm looking forward to this change is... Dresses, skirts, and gauchos (ie very loose or no waistbands.) Oh how glorious that is. It feels great to have nothing constricting over the belly. I have three different-styled black jersey knit dresses. I better tell my co-workers to get used to them. They're just so comfortable, it feels like I'm wearing pajamas to work! I think having a May due date is the perfect time to be pregnant. You can wear big baggy clothes all winter when you're looking fat and not pregnant yet, but then when Spring rolls around, it doesn't get so hot that you're miserable. I like it. :)

Here in the last week or so I've been getting uncomfortable. There's nothing specific bothering me, just an overall inability to get comfortable. The only time I'm truly feeling comfortable is when I'm laying down. At least I only have 8 weeks to go! I can do it!

My itchiness has also made a resurgence. It had gotten down to a very manageable and even ignorable level, but in the last day or two it has just been miserable. Keeping me up for about an hour at night before I can fall asleep, etc. I'm still using my itch lotion every day - my body has probably built up a resistance to it! haha. 8 weeks to go. (See how I keep telling myself that??)

All in all, however, the third trimester, like the rest of the pregnancy, is just flying. Before I know it, it's another Friday. I'm still carrying the baby very high, hence my constant breathing problems! Lots of the girls at the baby shower guessed I'm carrying a boy because it's a perfect "basketball" out front, and not overall weight gain. I love the speculation! But then I hear that girls are carried high, boys low. So who knows. At 32 weeks (today) the baby weighs almost 4 pounds! He/she is getting so big!!! Grow little baby, grow! I'm supposed to be gaining a pound a week and I feel like it. I'm not looking forward to my doctor appointment on Monday, I think I'm going to have made up for lost time and my "0" weight gain at the last appointment.

1 comment:

Miss Doolinlady said...

I think you look so happy and absolutely blooming! I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant with my first child and so was searching the internet for photos of other Mums to be (as you do!) at a similar stage to me. When I came across your blog...which I think is absolutley fab and wish I could do the same, but I don't think I have the time or patience! I particulary love the week by week pics for size comparisons! So keep it up the good work, good luck and I'll be reading for tips!

Deb (UK)