I've been reading in my pregnancy books for weeks that at any time I can expect a charlie horse in the middle of the night. Thankfully, I had escaped that misery. That is, until last night. Holy. Cow. Ouch. I can't remember the last time I'd had one, certainly not in my adult life, but I remember having one in Owatonna, MN one night. So we're looking at 10 years at least! This one was BAD, and it lasted over 5 minutes! I laid in bed trying to massage my calf, but to no avail! I woke Jeff up and asked him what I'm supposed to do! The whole calf muscle was just quivering. It was weird. He told me to get up and stretch it out. So I hobbled out of bed and hopped over to the wall and stretched until it went away. Geez! My poor calf is still sore today. I need to read up on it today, and see what dietary things I can be doing to keep these nasty things away!
On the heart front, I got the results of my echocariogram (heart ultrasound) yesterday. They said everything is structured and functioning correctly, so that's good. Still waiting on the results from the monitor.
And my OB called this morning, saying my GBS test came back negative, so that's good too. That's one shot either I or the baby won't need at delivery or something... So good news overall!
I've really tried to put a stop to buying maternity clothes. At this point, with roughly 7 weeks left, it just seems pointless to buy more. I have realized though, that I'm really going to need probably one more pair of pants, preferably black pants. I have a lot of work days left, and it's really not fun to be sitting at work uncomfortable in a pair of pants that are too tight. So that's my mission for my lunch break today, to hunt down a pair of pants.
And, as of last night, Jeff and I are apparently ready to be parents. We concluded our childbirth series with a class on infant safety and CPR. It's comforting to me to have those skills at least in the back of our minds, God forbid we ever need them. So we're done! It's weird to think that's all the preparation we're going to get before we have this baby!
a prayer for back to school
3 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment