Monday, March 31, 2008

34 Week Update

I had my 34 Week appointment and an ultrasound this morning. First of all, the baby is SO cute!!! They got a good shot of his/her face for me... It took my breath away! It looked like.. a baby! haha. He/she is 5 pounds 3 oz, estimated to be 7.5 -8 pounds at birth (assuming 40 weeks). Great! I'll take it. I reminded the u/s tech that we don't know the sex, and don't want to know! But at some point during the u/s, she said "he is doing this" .... So hmm!! I'm sure it was totally a generic "he" but it's fun to speculate. She said the baby was doing a great job practicing breathing, she said he/she was going to town! She liked to see that. Baby is also swallowing well, we got to see Noah/Kate take a few drinks, and the stomach looks good.

So, for the bad news. The baby's heart is beating faster than they'd like to see. Baby was very active during the ultrasound, squirming and moving all over the place, and she couldn't get a steady read of the heartbeat with the baby at rest, but could tell it was faster than "normal." So they ran a fetal NST. The baby settled down during that, but the heart rate never went down, which is what concerned them a little bit. Also, they said I have a lot more amniotic fluid than normal. They said it's no wonder I can't breathe, I'm completely full of fluid! They also ran an FFN test on me (a test that can tell you if you're at risk for labor in the next week or so), and when he was doing that I told him that I'd been having a lot of BH, so he said it's a good thing they're going to run the FFN. We'll get the results tomorrow. So they're sending me this afternoon for a Level II ultrasound to check on the heart and excess fluid. Depending on what they find or don't find, my Dr thinks me might want me on bedrest. He said I'm at a higher risk for water breakage because my amniotic sac is so full.

Soo... That's where we're at. The ultrasound is at 1:30. Jeff left work at 11:30 to come be with me. I'll keep you updated! I have some u/s pics from this morning, but don't have time to get them scanned and uploaded right now... So hopefully later today!

From here on out I see the doctor every week!

2 comments:

Mike and Susanne said...

We'll be praying for you and the baby!!

P.S. love the pictures of your nursery! It is beautiful!

Elin said...

I'm sure everything is just fine - my advice even with everything normal, start taking it slowly... work a little less and sleep more. It'll pay off when the baby gets here I promise!

I can't decide if it's a boy or a girl!!