If you time things based on my last ultrasound, I'm 12 Weeks today! Or if I base things on my own timing, I'm 12 Weeks tomorrow! Close enough! :) I can't believe I've made it to this point. I wanted to believe this would be a normal, healthy pregnancy, and that God would give us this baby, but I always had this nagging worry in the back of my mind that I wouldn't be that lucky. Especially with PCOS, the chances of keeping any baby, much less your first, are lower than a normal pregnancy! I am so thankful to God for keeping this baby safe and strong. He has taught me a lot about relying on him in the last 8 1/2 weeks since we found out about the pregnancy.
In the last few weeks I've felt a big weight lifted off my shoulders as I relax about my worries. It feels good to just enjoy where I'm at, and enjoy the pregnancy. I'm feeling GREAT now. Hungry more, sick less, and eating more. I'm dreading the weight gain though!
Today also brought my strangest craving. I had 2 soft shell tacos from Taco Bell! Now anyone who knows me knows that Taco Bell would NEVER be my first choice in dining options! But today, that was all I wanted. I had to drive a little bit out of my way to get it, but it was oh so worth it. :) Craving satisfied. And no, this doesn't mean my Mexican aversion is over. A Taco Bell taco hardly counts as Mexican. Sorry friends, it's going to be a little while still before you get me back in a Mexican restaurant!
And tonight we're making the pregnancy "public." We are so excited! Hopefully I'll gain some more readers too once I reveal the address to this blog. :)
a prayer for back to school
3 years ago



9 comments:
So glad that your pregnancy is going well. And what do you have against Mexican food, missy? :)
Congratulations !! I'm so happy for you and Jeff. I look forward to watch you as you reach all the little milestones ahead, - and then the biggest one!!
Thanks for sharing with us :-)
-Elin
Yay! Just heard the news...congratulations! That is SO exciting!
Ben says this means Aaron and Jimmie are next! ;)
Keep up the good blogging...
Oh, and Ben also said to tell you that taco bell is not a weird ENOUGH craving. I craved mustard on everything when I was pregnant...including grilled cheese sandwiches...
Happy Cravings!
Yeah!!! We are so happy for you guys!!!!! I'm putting your blog in my favorites so that I can check it all the time!! Congrats!
Susanne and Mike
Very excited for you, I loved reading the blog!!! Congrats and look forward to the reading your journey. Take care
Hey, I already eat mustard on grilled cheese sandwiches. :-)
Tell Ben we are not next. Okay, maybe we are, just not in the immediate future! :-p
When I was pregnant with Damon I craved bean burritos from Taco Bell ALL the time. And it always gave me the worst heartburn. My sister craved Taco Bell too. There's something about that place!
I really enjoyed reading all about your pregnancy! What a fun idea, making a pregnancy diary and taking the pictures. I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment