I found my first bedding set that I actually REALLY like today, and would consider buying!

It's so pretty! The only thing I don't like about it is that there's no mocha. But our crib will be dark brown, so maybe that makes up for it?? But if I decide to follow through with making my own, here are my thoughts:
Take these 3 minky dot fabrics:



And for the bumper, use big squares of each one, and alternate all the way around. Green, brown, white, green, brown, white, etc. The back of the bumper probably mocha satin.
For the "look pretty but do nothing" quilt, use smaller squares and make a patchwork minky quilt with mocha satin edging and backing.
I'll use sage and white crib sheets, and then maybe the mocha satin skirt.
So, those are the ideas I'm tossing around! Which do you like better? Give me a vote!



2 comments:
Hey Laura! I really love the colors you've picked out, and if you have the time it is really fun making something yourself for the baby. I knitted some little booties and mittens and a hat, and it just felt so wonderful seeing Snorri in the clothes after he was born, so if you're thinking you really know what you want, I really reccomend doing stuff yourself!
Best wishes!
-Elin in Iceland.
I love the minky dots! My mom makes things and has made some things with that material and it's absolutely to die for soft!!! I think it would be so very very cute!!!! So I'm with elin...make it...will be so fun and beautiful!!! Take care
Post a Comment